Sunday, November 6, 2011

TICK !


Stupid me! A few days ago I felt one or two small bumps/lumps behind/below Terri's left ear. I didn't think anything about it and it was only today that I decided to feel for them again. This time I parted her hair and discovered a gray blob attached to her skin. It was a tick! Horrified, I ran to the laptop and Googled "how to remove tick" and found this very useful short video and explanation:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-remove-a-tick/

OK, I think my diet will be back on track as I don't feel like eating anything after seeing that thing. YEEECH!!!

I've concluded that the tick came from Larose Forest as it is the first one I've seen on Terri in 6+ years and it was our first visit to that forest. At the vet clinic I was told that Larose Forest is known for having ticks. We won't be visiting there again because Terri needs to have bloodwork done to determine if she is infected with a disease the tick carries and injects while feeding.

No comments: