Friday, January 27, 2012

BIRTHDAY

It's a good thing I visited the local library yesterday to borrow their eReader (something new to play with!). Today was not a day I'd enjoy driving even that short distance.

Snow overnight followed by rain meant that the pines and spruces were soaking wet and their branches were hanging low. Terri wasn't keen to stay outside getting a cold shower on her back; nor was I. She decided it was a good day to drape herself across my lap and sleep. When she was dreaming, her feet twitched excitedly.

Being somewhat hedonistic, I baked myself a Betty Crocker Devil's Food cake for a warm evening dessert. It was so fluffy it almost floated through the air! Surely something so light couldn't have many calories? ;-) Terri and Flower were interested in the cake's scent so I let Terri have a tiny bit. Flower got some catnip.

Many things to be thankful for on this damp winter day: My hairy pals who keep me warm and loved, a house with a big yard in a climate that doesn't have too extreme temperatures or storms, etc.

No comments: