Saturday, January 14, 2012

NEW SNOW!

We got some REAL winter snow this week (unlike the light dustings the past few weeks). On Thursday I couldn't see out the windows that were covered in sleet. Friday was warmer at -2°C so Terri and I spent hours outside playing and shovelling the driveway. She was thrilled to have the extended outdoor playtime. My hat, jacket and jeans got soaked and I had to change before going to Giant Tiger for groceries. The heavy snow/freezing rain on my trees loaded them down. Thankfully, the power didn't go out as it all-too-often seems to when weather conditions are like this.


Now it is -21°C. When the temperature falls below -7°C, I like to snuggle under the covers with Terri and Flower pressed against me and read.


I've finished reading a biography of Stieg Larsson written by the publisher of Larsson's non-fiction book about a right-wing Swedish party. Larsson was an admirable and relentless journalist whose investigations and exposés of neo-Nazis in Sweden helped keep them in check. He worked tirelessly against racism and fascism. I think it's sad that he died in 2004 before he could retire and enjoy the money earned by his "Millennium series".

No comments: