Monday, May 21, 2012

MAY PLANTING

During my shopping trips at the beginning of this long weekend, I noticed lots of people at the "garden centres" provided at various large stores. No doubt, this weekend's sun and heat would be welcome to new vegetable and flowering plants. No gardening for us yet — Terri and I took it easy until today's start at the weekly grass mowing. The sun has dried the laundry quickly so I feel that I've completed a little something.

The unmowed yard looks messy. Dandelions have managed to poke their ugly white wispy heads above the grass, the grass cuttings have dried in rows here and there, a general untidy-ness prevails. I need to harness Terri's energy to accomplish some yard work! I've been in a slump lately, not wanting to do anything except sit back and read or watch TV. Having a herding dog reminds me every day that I could and should be getting something done, even if it's only one household chore at a time.

The May planting will likely end up being June planting for me. Meanwhile, I'll be mowing and trimming outdoors plus doing some editing at the laptop.

No comments: