Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MAY FROLICS

I can't believe I haven't posted since the April snowfall! Since then I've had to mow the grass two times; otherwise, it would have been too high to mow easily.

We've had some enjoyable summer-y days in May playing our usual games of fetch and catch. I'm hoping to attend a nosework seminar with Terri in June. I've already started playing nose games with her using almond flavoring (my fav!). She found it in 1/2 places outdoors. Not a bad start. For the first hidden scent, she ran straight for it! Good girl! I wonder if she was standing up and watching where I hid it through the window in the front door? If so, all the more clever, though not a good sign for her scenting ability.

The dandelions have taken over the whole property :-( Before and after pics of the yards (pre and post mowing) would look like yellow yard/green yard. They are thicker than ever before. Perhaps in a couple of years my yards will be all dandelions with little grass.

Saturday to Thursday = 3 days sunshine, 3 days rain: I'm trying to kill the annoying weeds in the gravel driveway. I sprayed/sprinkled vinegar on the leaves the 2nd sunny day but it doesn't seem to have done much. Once the 3 days of rain end, I'm going to sprinkle road salt on them.

No comments: