Friday, August 10, 2012

SOME RAIN

I don't consider that we've had enough rain unless the bottom of the wheelbarrow is covered. This has finally happened! Cooler temps indoors too: 72°F/22°C while it is 20°C outside today. Terri enjoys the cooler temps and wants to run longer; I believe her endurance is directly proportional to the cold. She runs only 15 minutes at 25°C but happily plays for 2 hours at 0°C.

A requested book was at the library so I went there to drop off and pick up books. A short drive after that took me to the farm on N. Russell Rd. where I bought some big field grown tomatoes.

Terri and I played outside for a while in our yard. What a disaster the back yard is! The hot dry sun has killed most of the grass but weeds are having a great season. Last year I planted two cedars near the back fence so they would soak up water in that wet corner. There has been very little precipitation since the planting.

No comments: