Saturday, April 23, 2011

APRIL SHOWERS

... BRING MUD PUDDLES


It seems like a long spring this year, waiting for drier weather so the mud puddles don't last so long. I mustn't complain -- it could be much worse. People in more northern parts of Ontario and in the west have been getting snow. No, I wouldn't trade places with them.

In fact, I think that eastern Ontario has ideal weather for people like me who prefer sunshine to days and days of rain (Vancouver), sudden snow falls in the wrong season (Alberta), rain and floods (Manitoba), or some very short summers (Maritimes). Winter snowstorms often pass by south of us and we don't get the snow squalls that make areas near the great lakes so dangerous for driving. When it comes to location, I'm a happy camper :-)

1 comment:

Laura said...

uggh - mud :-( Terri looks great though - she doesn't seem to mind!