Thursday, March 21, 2013

MORE SNOW!

Terri and I played catch and fetch in the front yard today while I did some shovelling. I'm taking my time about moving the snow this week; I don't feel up to trying to do it all at once. The helpful farmer didn't come by to move the bulk of the snow this time.

I wrote a haiku for my experience in the snowfall today:
Interlaced snowflakes
Captured by Earth's gravity
Blanket everything.

Yes, "Earth's" is unnecessary but I needed it to complete the 5/7/5 scheme. Yes, I'm aware that my haiku doesn't follow all the rules mentioned in Wikipedia but I don't care.

Apart from photos of my sweet companions, Terri and Flower, I really have very little to communicate these days. I'm enjoying the warmer weather; I dislike temperatures below -5 °C. True, the colder weather makes us appreciate the "good" weather more but I've never been one to take things for granted. I'm all too aware of history and conditions in other parts of the world to do that.

No comments: