Tuesday, March 20, 2012

CHET THE DOG

Dog on It is the first in a delightful series of books by Spencer Quinn. Bernie and his dog Chet have their own detective agency -- luckily for the human, Bernie, Chet is always ready to chase the bad guys.

I discovered a copy of the second book in the series, Thereby Hangs a Tail, at Giant Tiger today so I'm happily following a new mystery/adventure narrated by Chet.

I'll want to read the others in the series: To Fetch a Thief and The Dog Who Knew Too Much. Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy the website about Chet & Bernie at http://www.chetthedog.com/.

Since we're having sunny hot weather, I feel like I do in the summer sitting on the deck, tossing Terri's toys for her to fetch while reading a light-hearted book. THIS IS FUN!

2 comments:

Laura said...

We are going to be so disappointed when this good weather ends!

Lucky Terri - you must have a strong throwing arm! My dogs would look at me like I was crazy if I threw a toy for them - they are way too lazy for that!

Terri's Pal said...

I've never had a lazy dog! Chimo was an energetic lab for her first 10 years. She would trot around for 3+ hours at her own speed while I walked in a park at age 10!

At 2 years of age, Terri could run practically non-stop for over 2 hours. She has slowed down a lot since then. Thank goodness!