Sunday, March 11, 2012

SPRING IS HERE

It's only March 11th and the back yard has turned into a lump of ice with grassy patches after rain and above freezing temps the past few days. The daytime highs predicted for this week: 11°C to 15°C . That, combined with an early start to Daylight Savings Time should make springtime lovers very happy. I love sunshine and warm (below 28°C) weather. The temperature increase will mean lower heating bills for me.

So, why am I not happy? Although I'm enjoying this sunny day sitting on the deck with Terri and Flower, I fear the global shift to vastly different weather patterns because it can lead to habitats no longer suited to the animals that live there. The polar bear is just one example of endangered species. Will/can humans solve the problem before it's too late? Will humans be too busy moving their own homes inland away from the rising oceans and seas to help other animals in need?

No comments: